Problems And Prospects Of Marketing Of Agricultural Produce In An Economy
(A Case Study Of Aniocha South L.G.A Delta State)
Written by: Verify ☛ Chapters = 5 ☛ Pages = 53 ☛ Words = 5,983 ☛ Type = Project
Problems And Prospects Of Marketing Of Agricultural Produce In An Economy project material. Please, sit back and study the below research material carefully. DO NOT copy word for word. UniProjects aim of providing this Problems And Prospects Of Marketing Of Agricultural Produce In An Economy project research material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for Problems And Prospects Of Marketing Of Agricultural Produce In An Economy research materials. We are not encouraging any form of plagiarism. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon "All creative work builds on what came before"
You are reading project material titled: Problems And Prospects Of Marketing Of Agricultural Produce In An Economy
The population for this study was drawn from four towns in Aniocha South Local Government Area. The design adopted was interviewed and personal observation between the workers and villagers. This was done to get the area equally represented. The points considered include the assessment of the nature of road network, the storage facilities assessment of the knowledge of price system in marketing their product, and findings their level of education.
The information for this work was collected from the questionnaire distributed to the study group. The return was 100 out of 100 (100%). The frequency distribution table was used in the data analysis.
The result obtained after analysis of the data revealed, than the marketing of agricultural products in Aniocha South Local Government is faced with a lot of marketing problems.
1.1 Background Of The Study
1.2 Statement Of Problem
1.3 Research Question
1.4 Purpose Of Study
1.5 Significance Of The Study
1.6 Scope Of The Study
1.7 Limitation Of Study
3.1 Design Of Study
3.2 Sources Of Data Collection
3.3 Primary Sources:
3.4 Secondary Sources:
3.5 Area Of Study:
3.6 Population And Sampling Technique
3.7 Research Instrument
3.8 Method Of Data Collection
3.9 Method Of Data Analysis
4.0 Presentation And Analysis Of Data
4.1 Testing Of Hypothesis
- Contact UniProjects @
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Agriculture is as old as the history of man. The history of the development of marketing process is also as old as the division of labour and consequent need is indulge in exchange of production between one man and another.
In the older days, agricultural output were marketed by barter method. But as time went on coins, cowries were introduced and used as medium of exchange wiping out the clumsy trade by barter. Not long paper money was introduced. Producers had to travel big distance to make sales. Communication was made through path rods. With the coming of European in Nigeria the economy saw a new change. Both agricultural and industrial products were encouraged, though emphasis was more on export crops.
Agriculture is the main stay of the economy. Now there has been a revolution in agriculture in which the military government is now facing people back to farming. The problem is that demand for food is more than supply even though the supply for agriculture products are at a low level, some communications that would have been alleviated of the problem encounter difficulties in marketing of their farm yields. One thing is to produce items and other things are to market it effectively to the final users.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
This study is meant to find out the problems encountered in marketing of agricultural products. The case of Aniocha South Local Government Area. Aniocha South Local Government Area which the researcher is studying like most agricultural producing areas. Delta State is faced with a lot of marketing problems.
There ranges from the following factors.
1. Poor transport facilities
2. Inadequate Storage Facilities
3. Lack of Education
4. Lack of complete autonomy on the part of the government in discharging its monetary functions effectively to back up agriculture in our economy.
5. lack of co-ordination in major problem and unbecoming activities of the government in fueling inflationary pressures in the economy. Good marketing facilities in Nigeria seems to be relatively low. As a result it is important that this study is undertaken to investigate the genesis of this problem and then make suggestion to improving them.
1. To what extent can transport facilities hinder the marketing of agricultural products?
2. What effect would level of illiteracy effective marketing of agricultural product?
3. Does epileptic pricing policy hamper agricultural development?
4. Do you have farms multi-purpose co-operative society in your area?
5. Explain what ways animals are useful to man?
6. What do you understand by the term agricultural?
7. What are the three ways of good management which can improve agricultural farmers?
8. What are the main points of difference between shifting cultivation and crop rotation?
PURPOSE OF STUDY
In the light of the native of this problems of marketing of agricultural products the following objectives are mapped out.
1. To assess the nature of road net works.
2. To determine the storage facilities with a view to ensuring acceptable standards.
3. To assess the knowledge of price system in marketing of their products.
4. To find out the education level of the farmers.
5. to examine, the various monetary instruments or tools used by the agricultural and appraise their effectiveness.
6. To identify the factors hindering the realization of prospects of marketing of agricultural product in an economy.
7. To make recommendation for effective improvement of the system.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research is centered on Aniocha South Local Government Area through, not completely exhaustive, it will save as a good background for those intending to carry out further work on this other related topics.
The research of this study will have the following significance.
1. It will enable the researcher ascertain the problems involved in marketing if agricultural products in an economy, especially in Aniocha South Local Government Area.
2. Aniocha South Local Government Area and other local governments will also know some of the problems hindering effective marketing of agricultural products.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study was conductsed using farmers in Aniocha South Local Government Area. This research boarders in identification of the root causes of the present problems of marketing of agricultural product in on economy especially Aniocha South Local Government Area of Delta State which is the researchers area of stud.
LIMITATION OF STUDY
Delta collection in particular and the research as a whole was not smooth as expected. This attributed to many foreseen and unforeseen problems. One of such problems include the uncooperative attributed to many foreseen and unforeseen problems. One of such problems include the uncooperative attribute of some respondents. They did not understand the relevance of the study and through that the government was trying to collect names of taxable adults. So this made the reliability of information supplied by some respondents doubtful. There was also the problem of bureaucratic redbapism especially with the various planning agencies from which information were sought. Some of the information regained by the researcher could not be supplied as they term than top secret. This also affected the research in some ways.
Lastly, limitation by factors of time and finance, the limited time at the researchers disposal did not allow for choosing a large sample or even study the population. This also limited extend to which the research findings could be generalized. Finance plays a vital role in any research work. As and individual and above all a student, the researcher was financially handicapped, this also affect the research.
- Contact UniProjects @